There are 5 assignments to be completed. Students need to undertake research and written answers are required to demonstrate knowledge and understanding. The assignments are designed to stimulate learning and require time from the student to complete. It is an interactive course whereby the student receives the assignments and then they are sent by email attachment for comments and encouragement. On successful completion of the course a certificate of achievement is awarded.
This course covers the structure and function of the digestive system together with a full understanding of:
- Enzyme activity and the breakdown of foods.
- Definition of Nutrition
- Amino Acid Process
- Enzyme Activity
- Definition of Nutrients and Anti Nutrients
- Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fats
- Vitamin and Mineral Definitions
- Cholesterol Involvement
- Nutritional Terminology
- Methods of Refining Foods
- Diseases and Conditions of the Digestive System
- Developing a Detailed Questionnaire